<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 04, 2003

a confession 

i know it's nearing this coming weekend already, and i haven't even written about my past birthday/labor day weekend. so here's part 1:

my weekend started off quite nicely with viv's going away celebration at Dave & Busters. she's going away for her Masters in Orthopedic Therapy in Boston University-her first choice! congratulations viv, we'll definitely miss you! but you'll be back in a couple years, plus there's always snowboarding trips!

it was good to hang out with our other friends as well. nice to meet and hang out with the people whose blogs i read. wow, they'll be so proud that i finally have my own too. so funny, cuz they met pudgeefeet too! you can see pictures on cicely's page and caroline's too.

i was a huge cranky panty mess on friday after work. it had just been a tiring day and i was nervous going home. i got myself a much-needed trim and a very spur-of-the-moment highlights. i wasn't happy with them at first cuz they're very golden, but it's actually nice and brightens up my face i think. when i got home, i just wanted to rest and relax for a bit, but glenn called and said that he was on his way already and for me to be ready. he was taking me out on friday for my birthday cuz he was going up to santa barbara for a wedding on saturday. but i didn't want to get ready yet, and just wanted to veg on the couch. mina called and told me that she was going out on a date with danny at Taps in brea and i complained to her that i was tired and cranky, and to top it all off, i had nothing to wear! she just told me to wear something red (i think cuz she knows i have a lot of red and that would be the fastest choice) and then she says, "hurry up!" i was thinking, for what? she said it as if she was expecting me to arrive. i finally got ready and glenn picked me up. it was so weird because he was asking me the fastest way to get to the 57 freeway when he takes that route to my house all the time. we get onto the freeway and he exits the very next exit! i was so confused and asked him, why the heck he did that? we could've just taken side streets. it was so dumb. so we were exiting off the freeway and i mentioned that mina and danny were at taps at brea-just nearby. he gets this confused look on his face, as if he turned the wrong way. and it got me all confused too. we finally arrived at lucille's bbq where i saw everyone there for my surprise birthday dinner!!! it was so wonderful to see them, especially after they all responded "no" to the celebration that i originally planned for saturday.

the confession: i knew about the surprise! sorry guys! i knew about it from the beginning because i was getting disappointed that people wouldn't be able to make it to the dinner that i was planning for saturday, so i was going to change the dinner for friday, when glenn told me that i was ruining everything cuz he was planning a surprise for me. i was sooo disappointed that he told me about it, cuz i love surprises and i was secretly hoping for a surprise. it was so funny cuz the day before at viv's party, chris says goodbye to me and says "see you tomorrow!" i just gave him a confused look and continued saying goodbye to everyone else. and when mina told me to hurry up, i just pretended to be confused too, like why would she be telling me to hurry up, as if she were the one waiting for me. thanx to everyone for coming to a wonderful birthday dinner! the food was great! the cake was great! the company was the best!

the best surprise: the huge bouquet of flowers from my glenn! that was really nice cuz he didn't even know that i've always wanted one of those. he's so funny, cuz he picked them up at alhambra and was calling me to get directions. when i asked him why he was there, he said he just wanted to take the 10 freeway home, which was so incredibly out of the way and more traffic congested than what he normally takes! but it was really wonderful how he made me feel so special on my birthday. he orchestrated the entire event, and even after i had "ruined" the surprise, he still managed to surprise me. thanx glenn!!! you're the bestest!

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes