<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 19, 2003

testing testing 

a coworker who i've just started working with is allegedly very anal, picky, and micromanaging. i have felt it just a bit, but not so much as to irritate me. today she asked me for some files that i have at my desk, and a few minutes later, she left a message with a question that she had regarding one of the files. i properly searched for the most thorough answer that i could give her, leaving her 2 messages hoping that the information i provided her was sufficient (i'm also constantly trying to impress these people with my work, so as to keep my temp job and potentially get hired permanently). then she returned my call and said, "dorothy, that was a test and you passed with an A+!" i was confused at first because i didn't get it. like, why would someone do that? i thought i was just doing my job. the information was not very easy to find but i was resourceful and gathered as much info as possible. she came by my cube a lil later to return the files and said that she should give me a big gold star for my A+ effort. i'm rather annoyed at this because i feel like i did something useless-an unnecessary task that i wasted my time on. and i feel belittled, like she had to "test" me to see my capabilities. and that very well may have been the case, as she's never really worked with me before, but i'd rather have her go to my supervisor and tell her good things about me than straight tell me that she was just testing me. sorta like when that guy straight told cici that he was trying to "spit game" (see 09/18, 10:57am entry) if you're testing me, don't tell me. eventhough i passed with flying colors, dude, i don't want to feel like a little kid like that. ewwww.

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes