<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 12, 2003

update on my aunt... not so good. 

an email from my cousin that we received...


Sorry I haven't written you all for the longest time.

My whole life is focused on Mom now.

The CA is fast progressing, very aggressive. It's just a miracle now to save her and prolong her life.

She hasn't been eating so much since yesterday, I fear anorexia has already set in.

We've talked about death and dying, and we're not afraid anymore. We just promised each other that she will be there to pick me up if she goes ahead of me. And we've exchanged a lot of I Love Yous and kisses and hugs as much as I could, everyday.

Should you decide to call her, please continue encouraging her spirit to live and expect God's awesome power over her disease. If we pretend that God is healing her, we will truly receive His healing power because of our attitude of anticipation.

Please continue praying for her.

Janet



when my grandfathers died, i was a little sad, because you know, you're supposed to be sad. but i guess i was too young to understand, or i wasn't that close to them. i was 8 when my dad's dad died- "Tatay" is what we called him. and i was 14 when my mom's dad died-we called him "Dad". i was more sad for my mom because she couldn't go to the philippines for the funeral.

but tita miriam... i grew up with her and have fond memories with her and her family. we'd go visit their place a lot when i was little and she has always been just the sweetest and kindest lady. i'm starting to get really sad at the thought of her passing away.

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes