<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 24, 2003

not-so-productive... 

geez, so let's see, i ended up taking an hour and fifteen minutes for lunch and what, praytell, do i have to show for it? let's see my list again:

~ get mass card for seashelle's family
~ mail mass card to family
~ buy birthday card for mama
~ call my brother in santa cruz to remind him to send her a card or call home tomorrow at least
~ figure out what birthday gift to give her if not the spa day
~ or buy her gift cert to spa day
~ type up agenda for Heaven Sent youth meeting & email to young adult leaders
~ oh, and don't forget to eat!!!


i couldn't forget to eat when my body was starting to shut down on me! i was feeling progressively weaker eventhough the adrenaline of the stress of having so many tasks to finish in one hour was keeping me going.

this is what took so long: i went to my normal church to get the mass card. it took me waay longer to park because they closed down the parking lot for the church festival. then when i finally got to the parish office, they told me they had no more mass cards. just that task alone took 30 minutes. aughhh! but no problem, there are other churches in the area. i got sort of lost finding the darn church, no parking again, but finally got to the parish office. yay, they had a mass card for me! now, where the heck is that post office (cuz i have no stamps)? i know i've seen it around here before... after driving around and around and around pasadena, i gave up when i see that my lunch hour is almost up. i'm actually only supposed to take 45 minutes, but i don't clock in/out, so it's sorta on the honor system. anyway, i gave up on my tasks, but i HAVE to eat! i tried to remember when the last time i ate was. i had no dinner last night cuz everything made me feel sick (darn that time of the month!), so that would mean that the last time i ate was at lunch yesterday, a very nice but small tuna sandwich. i also remembered not having any cash at all, nor my checkbook, so i couldn't just grab something from my work cafeteria. i had to find a place that takes credit/atm card. i remembered this hole-in-the-wall japanese restaurant that takes atm cards and they're good, and they're fast. so at this very moment, i am devouring an unagi (baked eel) rice bowl with avocados, carrots, and those yummy lil masago eggs. oh my god, it's soooooooooooo gooooooood!!!! my body thanks me!

first and last item on the list isn't bad, i guess. they were the most important ones anyway.

update: crap, i just finished my food. i'm alive, but still hungry. this sux! that's what i get for not eating in 24 hours!

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes