<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 01, 2003

the best thanxgiving surprise 

remember my friday five? i got one fulfilled just last night! it was the best thanxgiving weekend present. my lana-bear called me last night and it was sooo wonderful to hear from her. since she transferred to usc we see each other only once or twice a year and i really missed her and her friendship. we had a fabulous big/lil sis relationship from alpha phi right from the start and i was really sad to have her leave. it's a wonderful friendship even out of the sorority, cuz even when we don't see each other often at all, we just pick right up where we left off, like we just saw each other yesterday. i love friendships like that.

at first i didn't even recognize her voice (nor her cell phone number) and i had to guess the familiar voice. and she gave me a clue that i wrote about her on my blog. after i guessed it, i asked her how she knew about my blog post. a little birdy told me, she says. well, thank you to the lil birdy she was IMing with. you've always tried to bring me and my friends closer and i truly appreciate it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

in other news, i'm still pretty bummed these days about the m situation. i feel like a piece of my heart is broken. geez, like i broke up with someone. i called her to say happy thanxgiving and to thank her for her friendship, despite the situation these days. i just left a voice mail. but *sigh* oh well. even lana noticed that something was wrong. and we didn't even talk for very long and she picked up on it. i love our friendship. did i say that yet?

i went shopping with gl last week (no, not during the get-trampled-over sales of after-thanxgiving) and i realized something. i need more girlfriends. or dang it, just some other people to go shopping with. i think i missed m even more after that.

anyway, thanx to:
~ the lil birdy who told lana to call
~ lana, for calling
~ caroline, for being there to talk to
~ my family, who cooked or ordered great food
~ jei, giselle, marianne, theresa, glenn for being kick-ass leaders for the kids in HS
~ gl, for shopping with me even though the ratio of stores we visit, mine to his is like 5:1
~ my stronger immune system (both my brother and gl got throwing-up-too-sick-to-eat sick this weekend)

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes