<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

"oh, say can you see..." 

so i have my naturalization interview appointment today. i'm going to be a US citizen! it's funny, cuz it was never really a priority for me until i wanted to apply to the jet programme to teach english in japan. you have to be a citizen of the country you're applying from and i couldn't exactly go to the philippines just to apply to the program from there, y'know? it's funny, cuz i'm applying for citizenship just so i could leave the country for a year.

so here i am, carefully reviewing the lyrics to the star spangled banner cuz my silly mom keeps teasing me that they might make me sing! i sang it to her just to practice and i was doing the speed version and she told me that i better get the tune right or they'll fail me!

there's a 100 question citizenship test. some questions are stupidly easy, like how many states are there in the us? but some actually require research, like who said "Give me liberty or give me death"? goodness... bonus point to whoever gets it first. dude, and who is the chief justice of the supreme court right now? is it rehnquist? did i even spell that right? i don't think the average american even knows how many amendments there are to the constitution or even their own states' senators. gl didn't even know how many stripes are in the flag!

well, i guess i gotta keep studying... wish me luck!

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes