<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

missing things 

old skool toys, old lives past... we miss them yeah? our childhood, teenage years, even just college a few years ago. i know for a long time, i was missing college especially. i just read someone's "missing" list and i was trying to think, hmm, what do i miss? i thought of all the fun stuff and crazy antics i had, and yeah, i smiled as i reminisced for a moment. but i realized, no, i don't miss it anymore. i've come so far now and i don't think i can go back to such a state of mind-hehehe, or rather a lack of a state of mind. it was a time when my only goal was to be happy, but not really having any other goal in my life. at the time it made total sense, but now, crap, there's more than just being simply happy. cuz it was such a selfish time for me, where i did whatever i wanted without any real regard to consequences. i made mistakes, but i'm not really sure i learned very well from them. so there was a lot of repeated mistakes, unfortunately. i didn't know what i wanted, i don't think i had much respect for myself, the people in my life or the life that i had.

thank God life slapped me in the face a bit and i woke up from the dreamworld i was in. while it was just oh-so-much-fun, and i wouldn't trade my experiences for the world, i'm so grateful for how far i've come in such a short time. it's like i just woke up from the delusion i put myself in. and yeah, life's still very unsure and i sure miss being a kid without the worries of being a quarter century years old. but funnily enough, i'm at a point in my life where i'm pretty happy :) and i don't miss the past much at all.

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes