<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 16, 2004

prayer request 

a friend of the family passed away this morning. deacon art fitzpatrick has been close to our family since we moved to la mirada. he baptized my lil brother who's 13 now. he had a stroke a while ago and recently was hospitalized. but he got to come home last monday and died in peace with his family around him.

i didn't know how much it impacted me. i was worried and made efforts to visit him at the hospital and i'm glad that my brother and i were able to have that last chance to spend time with him. he was a very kind and thoughtful man; very good to my family. we had expected it for awhile and my mom had been anticipating it. it was no surprise, but he will definitely be missed by the very many lives he touched.

my mom asked me to visit him this morning before going to work and at first i didn't want to cuz i didn't feel like he was all that close to me. but when we got to his house and i saw his body, lifeless and spiritless, i just remembered when i last saw him and i was thinking, "this isn't him. there's no Spirit in that body." you know how people say their last "goodbye"? i couldn't even talk to "him" cuz there was no "him" to talk to. it was like an empty turtle shell. there's nothing in it.

my mom and rose (deacon art's daughter) were remembering and talking about how he's affected our family's lives and that's when i started tearing up. my mom was saying how instrumental he was in the development of my brothers and me. that's when i started crying. i should've said thanx to him. at least now he can hear me always. i can just pray to his Spirit in heaven. i'll tell him thanx when i go to mass today.

funny that i thought of that song yesterday. it's very appropriate for today, i think. here it is again:

Sometimes
Sometimes, not often enough,
We reflect upon the good things.
And those thoughts always center around those we love.
And I think of all the people,
Who mean so much to me.
And for so many years have made me, so very happy.
And I count the times I have forgotten to say, "Thank You."
And just how much I love them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

oh, and please say a prayer as well for mark (don't know last name). he's a close friend of gl's sister who passed away very suddenly early this week. he got into a very bad car accident and had bleeding in his brain. he was in a coma for a little while until yesterday when his lungs filled up with blood and he just died. very unexpected for a very young man. pray for the comfort and healing of his family and friends too. mae's taking it really really hard.

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes