<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 11, 2004

day off 

so i took the day off yesterday, right? for 2 reasons: i felt like crap and couldn't get out of bed, and i just really really needed a "me" day. i've been feeling like my life is running away with me, out of my control. so i took a "me" day and i ran personal errands, like the ikea and the snowboard thing. also did laundry. and i found something i haven't worn since dana's bday party-yup, that was in the beginning of january. yikes.

as i was strollin around ikea, i had the most wonderful feeling of la-di-da-di-da-ness. it was glorious! i was thinking, this must be how it would be to not work. i looked around me and i saw lots of mom-type people, some with kids, some without (probably in school). and i had the split-second thought of, hmmm, it might be nice to be a stay-at-home mom. then i freaked out in the other split of that split-second and moved on with another thought.

i always said that i'd love it if i were the one that worked and my husband took care of the household things. i'm so not domestic (i mean, it took me 2 months to do laundry, what does that tell you?) and i really like work and the idea of being purposeful. but that little split-second thought and feeling kinda stays with me. i read cyn's blog and see the wonderful pictures of her adorable jieh lahn and goodness, who wouldn't want to stay home with such a blessing? it's been really nice reading throughout her pregnancy and new baby life and it'll be really nice to see how lil jieh lahn grows. it makes me rethink the whole stay-at-home mom thing. it'd be nice to actually experience every little thing with your child. plus, i could stroll around ikea whenever i want. but i suppose i couldn't go 2 months without doing laundry either. blah.

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes