<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 09, 2004

i met Jesus this week... 

i've been slacking on these posts. also, i wasn't ready to post this. i had a huge disappointment this week. i so had my heart set on it and i totally thought i was gonna get it, but alas, i counted my chickens before they hatched. and i received a very thin envelope from western u on tuesday. of course it was the lovely rejection letter from the program that i had my heart set on.

but i met Him in all this because at first, i was numbed and i didn't want to think about it. but right before i opened the letter, i just said a quick and silent prayer, saying okay Lord, whatever you want, wherever you need me to be, you know what i'd like, but i'll go wherever it is you lead me... Your will be done, not mine. i think it totally helped when i read those disappointing words. and i was okay immediately after. just went on with my business and ate dinner, laughed at friends and got ready for bed... and cried that i didn't get what i really really wanted. but He comforted me as i thought i wonder what window He'll open for me... i remembered the sound of music when the mother superior told maria that when the Lord closes a door, He always opens a window. and yes, i'm disappointed, but it's not where He wants me to be, so i'll just follow. He's got a larger plan. and i can't wait for it to unfold.

thank You, Lord for guiding and blessing my life. on this day that we remember Your Passion and sorrow, may we offer our life to you every day and love others like You love us so unconditionally. luvulord!

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes