<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

i met Him.... 

i was running out of gas on monday so on my way home, i stopped at the 76 station in alhambra, right before the freeway entrance. i was tired and stressed out cuz my stupid speech class gets more and more ridiculous with every session. it's always crowded in that gas station cuz it's pretty cheap. so i waited my turn as usual and noticed this man going around washing people's windows. my windshield were filthy cuz my parents took my car to vegas last weekend. plus a there was a huge glob of bird poop that was till there. i was afraid it would eat through my glass again, like before. but i didn't think i'd have the guy wash the window. he seemed busy anyway, so i just went on my way pumping gas. he came by after a bit and asked me if i wanted my windshield washed and i was hesitant. it was late at night and i had literally no cash, so i asked him how much. he just said, "nothing, just whatever change you have." so i said okay, knowing that i only had a little over a dollar in quarters and some pennies. but he was such a kind man, asking me where i was coming from and where i was headed. we talked briefly about applying to nursing school and what freeway i was going to take to go home. it was the most comfortable, stress-relieving conversation. and when he was done, i gave him the very last bit of cash that i had, every single coin. and he told me that i had a very beautiful heart and to take care. it was the most uplifting moment of the week. i felt light like i had been touched by an angel. i'm glad i encountered that man and i know it was God's way of relieving me. i needed it.

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes