<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

cut, spill, smell 

got my hair cut on a whim yesterday. it's been long and nice, but i was getting bored with it and it was getting really heavy. i was going in for a trim, then i chit-chatted with my hairdresser and told her i was bored with my hair. maybe she could do that side-swept bangs thing? then she mentioned that it would look better if my hair was shorter. it wouldn't look so weighed down. i didn't object, cuz glenn's been saying he liked it shorter like before my hair grew out anyway. so she chopped it. it was almost halfway down my back and now it's just below my shoulders. i didn't think it'd be so short. it looks cute and light though. and i haven't had bangs since my mother tried to cut it and cut the entire front half of my hair forehead length from ear to ear. thank god, deanna's a professional.

we went to lunch today at saladang in pasadena. my co-worker's leaving and it was her farewell luncheon. had yummy food and it was all taken care of by our department (it was free!). we had dessert too: banana ball flambe. there was a lazy susan in the middle of the table and as i was turning it to allow the other people to take their banana ball, a plate was sticking out of the edge and knocked a glass of water over, spilling it. and whose water should it be? the director of our department! oh my goodness, of all the people it could've spilled on, why oh why did it have to be her? i felt so super duper bad, especially cuz i'm being looked at to be hired right now and i was trying so hard to make a good impression. i know she already likes me, but aughhh! i felt like a 5 year old little girl who spilled her drink on her mommy. i hope she doesn't hold it against me.

saladang is thai food. love the stuff, but as with all asian food, the smell just gets stuck to your clothes. i'm back in the office and my favorite red suit totally smells like saladang. guess it's time for dry cleaning!

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes