<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 11, 2005

i was trying to get out of the world youth day trip. i'm really negative about it. mostly because of what i'm gonna be missing. so i haven't been looking forward to it at all. i called our organizer to talk to the travel agent to see what the penalties would be to cancel. it's like $1400. i'm not willing to lose that much. so i'm going. but i'm still annoyed at it all.

so my mom called me to find out my vote on what kind of hat (bucket, like fisherman's hat, visor, or baseball) the parents should buy in order to make the group more visible and easier to keep track of. i had already seen the email going around and was annoyed at it all. and i told her, i'm not a pilgrim, i'm a chaperone. if they wanted me to vote, i vote for none of the above. and if they buy one for me, i wouldn't wear it anyway. i was kind of a b*tch about it and i feel bad that i snapped at my mom for it. she just said, oh okay, bye. she's so good at dealing with us brats.

so yea, i'm going. i'm sure there's some reason why He needs me to go. i know it's something about sacrificing what i want to make room for Him. and ultimately surrendering my life and my decisions to Him and what He needs of me. yes, i'm willing. i just gotta stop looking back at what i'm missing. or i'll turn into a pillar of salt like Lot's wife. *sigh*

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes