<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 21, 2005

religion brings about the craziest conversations. i'm not versed enough about our catholic faith to debate things. especially when those who are trying to "share" their perspective is so rooted in the evidence of scripture. i fully know that our catholic faith is not just scripture but also tradition. things that i find make it so much fuller and makes me appreciate it all the more. but i can't explain these things to someone who is strongly protestant. i don't know how.

i wonder how my parents did it. cuz my dad was raised methodist, mom strongly catholic. and i know my dad doesn't agree with a lot of things that catholics do, but i also know that he sees the similiarities and basically focuses on our relationship with Christ. that's all that really matters, right?

i don't know who God has in store for me. i find that He's sending people my way that i have to justify my faith to. it challenges me and forces me to get to know my faith better. but i do hope this is a growth process. i'd rather marry someone who i don't have to argue religion with. but maybe it's one of those refinement by fire. i have a long way to go.

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes