<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

history, atbp. 

tagged by dana...

10 years ago: 1995. i had just turned 17. summer before my senior year in high school. was supposed to go to japan for 2 weeks that summer. my boyfriend at that time whined and complained and dissuaded me from going. so i didnt go. i broke up with him soon after that. got a job at joy's hallmark. blessing in disguise. i did everything i possibly could that senior year in high school; editor-in-chief of the yearbook, founded a club, activities director or csf... the experience helped me get into college i think.

5 years ago: 2000. i had just turned 22. just finished a summer of spop (summer student parent orientation program). just broke up with my boyfriend. just started a year of being an ha (house advisor) for arroyo vista-the alpha phi house. met a whole lot of people. that's when he met her too... damn... that summer was hard on us. that whole fall quarter was even worse. it hurts still just thinking about what we put each other through. why did we do that.... so unnecessary. glad we're past it.

1 year ago: 2004. just turned 26. had dinner at banana bay with friends. had dinner at saigon bistro with my family. was working at kaiser already. just had gotten hired for a permanent position that previous july. i had been temping for them for a year and a half before that- before they discovered i had 2 degrees and could do more than file and data entry. i had been doing heaven sent for a year already. my best friend and i were still working on our very rocky friendship. but she got engaged and it was just the jumpstart that we needed. thank goodness!

Yesterday: thinking/planning on starting a business of planning/coordinating weddings. i've worked on 5 so far already. eager for it and nervous at the same time. yesterday, i met with the church coordinator at st. philip benizi for noreen's wedding. i love her. i love that church. it's so simple, but beautiful. worked on more details with her after. while multitasking working with fred on the new confirmation class that he'll be teaching. it was a busy but very productive night. i crashed as soon as i got home.

5 snacks I enjoy:
1 - chips with dip
2 – brownies
3 – chocolate
4 - almond hershey kisses
5 – leftovers

5 songs I know all the words to:
1 – let's wait a while – janet jackson
2 – undercover lover - three plus
3 – the way you look tonight – tony bennett (not the original)
4 – pasko na sinta ko (it's christmas, my love)
5 – banana pancakes - jack johnson

5 things I would do with 100 million dollars:
1 - give 10 percent to the church and probably pay off their debt
2 – pay off debts for myself, my brothers & my parents
3 - buy a house
4 - travel... a lot
5 – invest in property, my unborn children's educations, retirement, future descendants.

5 places I would run away to:
1 - hawaii
2 - burke williams day spa
3 - the beach
4 – lana's apt
5 – mai tai bar

5 things I would never wear:
1 - a thong bathing suit in public
2 – those puffer vests
3 – plaid
4 – gobs and gobs of makeup
5 – my bangs all teased up like the early 90s

5 bad habits:
1 - procrastinating
2 – carelessness about my movements, causing me smack into things and bruise easily.
3 – eating too fast
4 – seeking approval/validation before making decisions
5 – not cleaning my room

5 favorite toys:
1 – new camera. whoohoo!
2 – barbie dolls and all her accessories (that bitch had everything)
3 - palayok (clay little pots that little girls in the philippines can play house and "cook" in)
4 – my brother's portable dvd player
5 - my mini flash drive, it's a lifesaver

5 fictional characters I would date:

i really like dana's choices so i copy some of hers:
1 – jake, from sweet home alabama. i just saw that movie last night. had a craving to watch it so i rented it. i love the feistiness of their relationship. i love how he worked hard to make something of himself but never was boastful, especially to her. and he never stopped loving her.
2 – noah, the guy from the notebook. i think i love the southern guys. also for his everlasting love for his lady. and for his faithfulness and the constant perseverance of his love for her. and i love the passion in their relationship too. i love arguing with my man... and making up...
3 – andrew, the mayor's son in sweet home alabama. i liked how classy he was when she left him at the altar. he was so super gracious about it. i'd so be his rebound any day. plus he's patrick dempsey... cute as heck, ever since can't buy me love. oh! and that gives me #4
4 – ronald, from can't buy me love. he was such a sweet dork. totally cute and cleaned up really nice. and he genuinely liked... what's her name. he just got caught up in being cool.
5 – ferris, from ferris bueller's day off. he's so slick. heheh, and cute too. and lovable. and smart. so smart that he can pull off a day like that.

5 people to tag:
1 – dex (where's your blog?!)
2 - reg
3 - anna
4 - mina (we're gonna have to get you started)
5 - brian

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes