<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 02, 2005

i'm commenting on b.anne's post here. i just had more to say...

she posted:
Fr. Larry said yesterday at Mass that we are happy only to the extent that we fulfill the will of God in our lives.

I heard that after talking to Melanie and Ofelia in the SPC Religious Ed office. Melanie saw my ring and I shared with her more of "our story". Ofelia then said to me that Fr. Larry once told her about the 4 different types of Christians...

1. The Christian that refuses to carry their cross.
2. The Christian that carries their cross and either brags about it or complains.
3. The Christian that carries their cross and also looks for others to help as well.
4. The Christian that is willing to be nailed to their cross.


i had a great meeting with mary helen (confirmation director at st. paul) last night. god, i'm tired, as we met from 7-11pm, talking about the whole revamping of the confirmation program at st. paul. i was nervous about my proposal, as it's a radical change, but a good one i think. so when she had no opposition to it at all, i started to get really excited! it's gonna be really good for the kids. it'll be interesting to see how it all turns out.

when i read the first sentence above from marianne's blog, it was really funny, cuz i just had finished the thought to myself of, "i'm quite happy!" and when i read that, i began to think of why i'm happy. FOCUS is what a previous blogpost was about. i've refocused and concentrated my energy on higher things again. and as reluctant as i was at first, i just dove right into it and look where it got me... happy and excited for things to come! i love how He works in my life.

some thoughts have been really bogging me down the past 2 months... 2 months?! goodness! okay, maybe month and a half... and i swear, there were times when i felt like i was just going insane. but the focus that He brings... it's such a joy and even when things may not work out exactly as we planned...ahem, heaven sent, it's somehow still in His plan. it's nice to be able to trust in that. cuz goodness knows people will let you down. shoot, i let my own self down. a lot.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

OOOHHHHH! i have to say a great big THANK YOU!!! to all of my friends and family who sent birthday wishes and came out to my birthday dinner and even gave me presents! you don't know how much you and your love mean to me. i truly treasure all of you!

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes