<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

geek that i am 

my job title is compensation analyst. what do i analyze exactly? data... physician payroll data. so i'm good with excel, but even without that, it's interesting to me to look at data through different perspectives to find patterns and such things. it's funny though, because this type of mentality transcends work. for example, i definitely apply these skills to the visitor trend of this lil ol' blogsite. as some of you have also monitored your visitor trends, i've been really curious to see who these people are. most, i know, are my friends who i know not just in the blogworld, but in the real world. it's easy to pick you out, cuz you actually link me to your site and visit mine from your link. but some are complete strangers, but are consistent visitors. like the guy who could never remember my website for a long time, but searched me out. he's french and the results always displayed in french google. i haven't seen those search results in a while, so i'm assuming that he memorized my address by now. it's been years after all. another guy i'm really, really curious about "meeting" is the one from cornell university. i'm imagining he just stumbled upon my site randomly a few months ago. but who are you, cornell student? post a comment or something. and feasterville trevose, pennsylvania. you visit me quite often too. i wonder who you are. then there's the kobe, hyogo person... who i'm somewhat positive is my friend chris who's in the JET program. oh and what really, really threw me off are all the international guests. then i found out that a friend's work uses satellite so that's who that probably is.

i also find it interesting how the locations of the servers can totally throw off my analysis... i know when i'm at work in pasadena, i show up as walnut creek, ca... that's in northern cali. it's cuz the servers are up there. i have another friend who works in downtown la. but his company's location posts as reston, virginia. totally throws me off.

well, regardless of who or where you are, thanx for visiting folks. send me an email or post a comment. i don't bite. really. only if i like you. just kidding! maybe ;)

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes