<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

my body's going nuts on me 

okay, so i haven't blogged in a while (again) and my first blog after a while will be to tell you that my body's gone crazy on me. i guess it's been really really stressful the last few months and my body's finally hating me for it. 15 days ago, i thought i got my period.
*you can stop reading now if you're starting to already get grossed out or if it's TMI for you. consider this your only warning*

but from the very beginning, it was allll weird. and you gotta understand that my body is textbook clockwork. i cycle every 28-31 days, alternating 28 then 31 days each month. i bleed for literally 5-7 days, heavy bleeding only the first 2-3 days. and it's blood, regular old watery red stuff. so i notice right away when something's off. it looked funny and weird from the beginning... clumpy and dry. like it was dried blood that was just being shed from the inside... and it wasn't red liquidy blood.. it was like brown thick stuff... so anyway.. i thought it was my period anyway, cuz the amount that was coming out was abundant enough for me to think so. and it started to go away at about day 6, late already i thought. and by day 8 i thought it was weird that i was still spotting a little. but okay, whatever... what totally freaked me out was yesterday, day 14 a whole 2 weeks after the beginning of my first day, i freaking started bleeding! like i woke up kinda wet. i was like wtf?! so i thought maybe i just cut myself or scratched.. i put on a pantiliner and by the time i got to work, i was freakin drenched. i had to ask my friend for a pad, thank god she had one. and right as i got to my desk, i called for an appt. freakin gyn dept in kaiser is apparently the most impacted one. and i wanted the appt for the next day. the lady goes, the next one i have is on sept 15 and i was like, no that doesn't work for me at all. she was like well, i have a cancellation at a different location and the different location was not that far, so i totally took it. i went yesterday for the 4pm appt. thank god payroll was over yesterday and my boss was here to deal with that mess.

so i tell her (the nurse midwife) all that... how i'm very very regular and this is just sooo bizarre... and she asks me about stress level and i told her, naw, i'm actually less stressed nowadays. and she asked how bout last month? oh, well, last month, shoot, i had ate jean and joel's wedding. hell yea, i was stressed out! and she's like, well, there you go. but still! 2 periods in a row? i've never had that! she was guessing at it... but she came to the point of just prescribing me birth control. and i was like what? and it's to regulate the cycle. i'm supposed to take 2 a day for 2 weeks then 1 per day until that 2nd box runs out. duude... seems like such a drastic measure. i told her i don't like to fuss with my body too much and i don't even take tylenol unless my head's actually about to explode. she thought it was silly and said that it doesn't increase the risk for cancer blah blah blah. i understood that... but still. i'd prefer to know the source of the problem and try to see what i can do to prevent it later. i don't just want to medicate it. plus i don't want any of the side effects. after she gets me to agree with it, that's also when she tells me, you may feel some headaches and nausea when you're on this. and i asked what i should do to relieve that... tylenol for the headaches and do like the pregnant women do for the nausea, eat small meals... aughh.. exactly what i don't want to deal with. that's what turns me off about the pill.

dude, so i knew i had to tell my mom about it before they just discover it and start wondering. i told her this morning. and i told her i wasn't sure about it. and she goes, don't take it... you might get addicted! i'm like ma! you don't get addicted to it! i'm supposed to just take it for a month to regulate my cycle again. she's so funny. and she knows all that, cuz she was put on the pill to regulate her cycle once too.

so i'm thinking, i wanna see if this period of bleeding stops in the next 5 days or so, just like a normal period would. if it does, then i'm not gonna take the pill, i'm gonna consider my body reset. if it's still all wacky, then i'll start it next wednesday. and i really gotta find a way to handle my stress better. i know it's bad when my chest tightens up and i can't catch a deep breath. *sigh* and this is supposed to be my slow month. :P

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes