<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 18, 2010

aches and pains and avocado 

warning: gripefest ahead...

my back's been hurting the last couple of weeks. i think it's the couch and sitting on it too much. it feels like something is being pinched on my lower back and it radiates down to my leg. i feel it when i'm driving in the car too. i could use a good massage.

and then yesterday, my right lower belly started hurting. i thought maybe it was just gas or being hungry. but the pain was actually keeping me from wanting to eat anything. then i thought about the fibroid lump that was found during the last ultrasound. it's pretty sizable, 7cm, almost 3 inches in diameter. it's right by my right ovary, but not obstructing anything so the ultrasound tech said that my doctor will probably just watch it and make sure it won't be in the way of anything. and most likely, it will go away by itself. well, now with the baby growing, i think it might be getting in the way of things and that's why it's starting to hurt. i have a doctor's appt next week, so i'll definitely have him check it out.

so today is officially week 16! my belly's definitely bigger. clothes are a bit of an issue, cuz pants generally don't fit, but more importantly, feel more restrictive. so i really like wearing dresses, but i gotta be creative with work clothes. i need work appropriate dresses, not so much casual dresses.

the baby is the size of an avocado now. and his outer ear is developing so he can hear now. time to start actually playing the mozart cds that my mom gave me for christmas, "to make the baby smart" she says. and i think i'll start reading to the kid. :) i like the fact that he can hear. it feels more appropriate now to talk to him/her. before, it didn't seem to make sense to talk to something that can't hear me. but now, it won't feel so silly.

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes