<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 01, 2010

bedrest = boredom 

anyone who knows me pretty much knows that i can't seem to get through any year without either a ticket or an accident. try as i may, i just can't shake this stupid pattern. and this year came pretty early. last wed, i was falling asleep on my way to work in the morning. i was actually almost at work on the side streets, but it was roughly stop and go traffic. it's that rhythmic lull that totally makes me more drowsy, so next thing i knew, BAM! i hit the car in front of me. aughhhhhh! the poor 350z that i hit... the poor young lady whose head apparently hit the steering wheel (while wearing a seatbelt... which is odd to me). and it was her first accident ever, so she was kinda scared and didn't know what to do so her mom told her to call the police and she promptly called 911. my first thought was oh crap, i can't have this reported to the dmv... i can't get another point on my record. but when we exchanged information peacefully, the cops didn't see any need to take any police report. oh thank goodness. i actually stayed with her a lil while until her mom came. she wanted to get her daughter checked by a doctor asap, so they went off to the hospital and i went back to work. i was more shaken up than i thought cuz i started crying on the phone with henry. i felt really crappy that i got into another accident. and while prego too. :( and then to top it off, my belly started cramping, so i got really scared. i got to work still pretty shaken up and ended up crying again when phoebe came by my cube and she started going on and on about taking me to the ER. i don't like to be all dramatic and all, and i was probably going to be fine, but this time, i said that was a good idea. thankfully, phoebe and kim took me to the ER and we got to see the baby again on the ultrasound. i was probably cramping due to the seatbelt that was across my belly, but the doctor didn't think there was anything worse. as a precaution, he did put me on bedrest. i was not happy about this at all! it was a busy week at work and i had a huge board meeting with important agenda items. oh and i was supposed to go to vegas during the weekend to help mina move and celebrate her birthday. so i had to cancel on that. i would've been just in the way anyway. so instead, i was stuck on the couch for days on end just chillin. booo! i love rest and all. and i definitely love to sleep. but um, days and days of the real housewives of orange county, the kardashians and what not to wear are probably not the best use of my time. *sigh*

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes