<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Maternity tour #1 

We had our maternity tour at kaiser sand canyon in irvine today. Totally brand spankin new facility and it was so nice! We got in a lil late for the orientation but it was so cute how they gave everyone hand-knitted beanies for their babies! It was a really useful presentation but I can't believe how emotional I got when they discussed the breastfeeding. They really emphasize breastfeeding a lot especially during the first hours of the babies life. After she's born, they will place her on my chest bare-skinned for that skin-to-skin contact with the mother. And then they wrap us both in one blanket. Just envisioning that totally got tears welling up in my eyes and I can't wait to have that connection with my daughter! They said that research shows that the skin-to-skin contact in the first hour of life totally stabilizes the baby's temperature and heart rate after the trauma of childbirth that they go through. I'm so extremely impressed and happy with kaiser that they prioritize this kind of holistic treatment of mothers and babies. It sounds like a wonderful end to the birthing process and a peaceful way to welcome my child into the world. Thumbs up for kaiser orange county!

I have another hospital tour for the kaiser Anaheim facility in a couple of weeks. They just remodeled their labor & delivery area so it looks really nice from the slides too. We'll see which one we'll lean toward. Maybe both are the same and we'll just deliver at the closest one.

Comments: Post a Comment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
quotable quotes